Rei is the Japanese word which means 'universal' and is also a reference to the higher dimension of light and the soul.
Ki is the Japanese word which means the 'vital force energy' which interpenetrates and connects all.
Reiki is the force behind Yin and Yang. It is a whole and complete energy before the separation into duality. This unique and powerful attribute is what enables the Reiki system to be used at anytime, any place and on any condition. This vital flowing energy is the basis for the continuity of life as we know it.
REIKI IS ENERGY · · · ENERGY FLOWS
If you have an injury, the natural energy that runs through your body has met a blockage. By releasing extra energy through you, I can help to unblock the dam, therefore improving circulation, lymph drainage & energy flow i.e. allow your body to start healing itself!
A Reiki treatment takes place with the client lying (fully clothed) on the couch. I will make sure their knees and head are supported at all times and usually they are covered with a blanket to keep them warm and comfortable. I place my hands in a sequence of positions on the body, it is completely non-intrusive. It works alongside any conventional and complimentary treatments and with all belief systems.
Reiki treats the whole person, but can be localized to problem areas. It is of great benefit to the person physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It can have significant effects on acute injuries, long term illness and can give regular pain relief without the need for medication.
A REFLECTION OF ENERGY
In the body we have seven specific chakras; these are vital energy centres that influence our emotional, physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
The basic Reiki hand positions follow the seven main chakras, harmonizing the chakras is an all important part of the Reiki treatment.
- 1st Root/Base chakra - strengthens will to live, life force, survival, fertility.
- 2nd Sacral chakra - strengthens vitality, enjoyment of life, self esteem, and refinement of feelings.
- 3rd Solar Plexus chakra - supports power, dominance and strength.
- 4th Heart chakra - supports love, self love, peace, trust, compassion, spiritual development.
- 5th Throat chakra - supports self expression, communication, creativity, sense of responsibility.
- 6th Third Eye chakra - strengthens inner vision, understanding, inspiration, thought control, meditation.
- 7th Crown chakra - creates extended consciousness, wisdom, intuition, connection to the Higher Self, spiritual awareness and oneness. www.reikiassociation.org.uk